Thursday 4 May 2017

AUTHOR FAVOURITES: THE LEGEND OF VENTURE CANYON by SHAYNA MATTHEWS



Shayna Matthews tells me she’s quite proud of her e.book THE LEGEND OF VENTURE CANYON, which she describes as a cross-genre of western with a flavour of romance and a bit of the paranormal. Marah is a dancer in a sideshow (rather like Beverly Garland in THE SAGA OF HEMP BROWN) travelling across Utah in 1872.





Travelling side-shows, medicine shows and troupes of nomadic actors have featured in many westerns of course, from WAGONMASTER to HELLER IN PINK TIGHTS.




But Shayna brings in some unusual elements, from adding Halloween mystery to the appearance of people who, strangely enough, don’t know how to die…


Shayna says: ‘I love to look for those who are overshadowed in the history of the west, in the case of Venture Canyon, it was sideshow entertainers, not to be confused with circus performers.’ She adds: ‘I don't write romance, I write old west lifestyles. I love raw grit.’ Which has obviously worked as 83% of the reviews are 5 star!

Reviewers:
‘Shayna Matthews casts a spell on the reader in this paranormal short. So well written, you would never suspect this to be her first book.’

‘The writing was creative and smart and the story sucked me right in.’

‘Five stars for a great storyline and a fascinating and intriguing twist for the western genre!’

Find it here:https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Venture-Canyon-Shayna-Matthews-ebook/dp/B016AZMGHI

2 comments:

  1. I have just bought The Legend Of Venture Canyon as result of reading your blog. And it has great reviews. Looking forward to reading and reviewing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Shayna will be delighted to hear that, Martin. I'm happy for you to use my blog to post links to your own sites also.

      Delete