Tuesday 20 June 2017

AUTHOR FAVOURITES: THE NATIONS by KEN FARMER and BUCK STIENKE




Ken Farmer is another western novelist who can’t make up his mind! When I asked him to pick his favourite of his own work he came up with 2 choices. One is the first of his NATIONS series, just called THE NATIONS, co-written with BUCK STIENKE, about the lawless Indian Nations (now Oklahoma) in the 1880s.
THE NATIONS blends history and fiction, featuring historical figures like MARSHAL BASS REEVES, the first black U.S. Deputy Marshal west of the Mississippi,


and JUDGE ISAAC PARKER, the Hanging Judge of the Fort Smith gallows, who hung 79 men.



A lot of people would agree with Ken’s choice as it was winner of the Laramie Award for Classic Western – 2014, finalist for the Elmer Kelton Awards, and 71% of the 133 reviews (last count) are 5 star!


Reviews:
‘Historical fiction at its finest.’
‘This one pulled me in and wouldn't let me go until I finished… The authors did a great job of fleshing out the story and the characters.’
‘I read into the night to finish it and then read it again. It is such a good story that I know I will read it again in the future.’
‘Would be a great movie.’
‘One of the most riveting books I have read in a long time.’

No comments:

Post a Comment